Procedures for Defragmentation
1. Firstly, you open the control panel and type in disk defragmentation on the 'search panel bar' located at the top right hand corner.
2. Under the 'current status' link you can select the disk you wish to defragment. However, remember to provide any password for administrative privileges if prompted.
3. If you are unsure of the disk to defragment, then run a defragmentation analysis to determine the percentage of fragmentation. If it is more than 10% then you should then run a defragmentation procedure on your system by clicking on defragment disk.
4. Defragmentation may take from several minutes to a few hours which generally depend on the amount of fragmented software in your computer system. This means that you can still use your system while the defragmentation goes on.
5. There are instances when defragmentation of a hard disk may not be possible. If you are using a disk that is formatted in FAT32 and NTFS or exclusively in use in another program. Secondly, disks with errors or that have been damaged by a malware cannot be defragmented. Thus, the disks must be checked properly for errors and the errors fixed before proceeding on defragmentation. Thirdly, network locations cannot be defragmented.
6 Simple Steps to Check Your Windows 7 OS Hard Disk for Errors
1. If you are using a Windows 7 computer based operating system then you must do a regular check to make sure your hard disks are free from errors. Please follow the procedure below.
2. Click on the start menu on your computer and then click on 'computer' icon.
3. Highlight the hard disk you wish to check for errors by clicking on it.
4. Then click on properties.
5. Next, click on the tools bar and select or check the automatically fix errors. You can equally select the 'scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors' for a more thorough error fix. This process can take a much longer time since the system checks for physical hard disk errors.
6. Lastly, click start.
10 Ways to Optimize Windows 7 OS For Better Performance
1. Your computer may not fix any errors if any window application is in use. This process usually takes several minutes to be concluded.
2. Always give a password when prompted for administrative privileges.
The QUICK FIX PC Operating System, Boots any Computer – Windows/OSX/Linux [2014-2016]
Post a Comment
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/unitechsity
Share or Like this Post - if you Find it Informative and Cool…
Thanks. Never miss any of my future post
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
Once entered, you will have to check your inbox for a confirmation email containing a confirmation link. Once you VERIFY your email by clicking on the confirmation link in the message, you will never miss any future articles.